We have considerable experience in advising on Malaysian securities laws and capital markets transactions.
Equity Capital Markets
We act for financial institutions, investment banks and corporations in:
- domestic equity offerings on the Main Market, ACE Market and Leading Entrepreneur Accelerator Platform (LEAP) of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad. This includes initial public offerings, rights issues, bonus issues, employees scheme issues and investment funds. Our mandates often include drafting of offer documents, namely prospectuses and information memorandum;
- cross-border equity offerings on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange (AIMs), Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Labuan Financial Exchange;
- takeovers, privatisations, corporate reorganisations and schemes of arrangement;
- providing legal advice and opinions on compliance with securities laws and listing requirements; and
- structuring transactions, drafting, conducting legal due diligence and managing all aspects of corporate exercises up to completion.
Debt Capital Markets
We act for either issuers or lead arrangers and managers, and work with trustees, facility and security agents, credit rating agents, syariah advisors and other participants in an array of debt capital markets transactions including:
- domestic debt securities offerings including medium term notes, commercial papers, zero-coupon securities, interest/profit-bearing securities, project bonds/sukuk, bank capital instruments, private placements, rated or unrated bonds/sukuk, structured covered bonds/sukuk, under both conventional and syariah principles, such as ijarah, mudharabah, musharakah, murabaha and wakala bi al-istithmar;
- cross-border Regulation S/Rule 144A debt securities offerings under the US Securities Act;
- structuring transactions, conducting legal due diligence and drafting transaction documents and information memorandum, for either a bullet or one-off bonds/sukuk issuance or issuance under bonds/sukuk programme.
Our clients include investment banks, securities companies, listed corporations and investment funds. Asialaw Profiles 2018 described our capital markets practice group as “dedicated, hardworking and experienced”. The Chambers & Partners Asia Pacific 2018 commented that our clients have described our services as “personalised, with hands-on involvement of senior partners” and that we “are good at solving problems with innovative ideas”.