Our Intellectual Property (IP) practice group offers a wide range of services in IP and advises on all contentious and non-contentious aspects of IP rights including trademarks, copyrights, patents and industrial designs, trade secrets and confidential information.
This practice group is also equipped to respond swiftly in this fast-paced industry to certain situations that may arise, such as the need for urgent injunctions and dawn raids.
The services provided by our IP practice group include:
- providing advice on IP protection brand management and enforcement issues;
- registration and prosecution of patent, trademark, industrial design and copyright applications including responding to first office action and handling opposition proceedings;
- recording of assignments;
- handling, expungement or cancellation or invalidation proceedings in court;
- handling infringement suits in courts including obtaining injunctions, summary judgements and obtaining trade description orders from court;
- enforcing IP rights including filing complaints on infringing activities with government authorities and participating in raids conducted by them; and
- conducting IP due diligence audits for mergers and acquisitions.
We were awarded the Malaysia Contentious IP Firm of the Year Award 2018 by Managing Intellectual Property for our work in patent and trade mark cases. Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 commented that we “provide excellent legal services and its knowledgeable and experienced team goes the extra mile. The practice is known for its trade marks prosecution work, related litigation and advisory services.” We have also been ranked in various other publications such as Asialaw & Practice, Asia IP, Managing IP and Chambers Asia Pacific.