This practice group advises clients on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. The M&A team combines technical expertise with practical solutions to provide assistance in negotiations, drafting and structuring of M&A transactions, engineering legal strategies and advising on investment policies and regulatory controls.
We have substantive experience in representing both domestic and international clients on mergers and acquisitions as well as disposal of companies and businesses in the following industries:
- financial institutions, stock broking houses and insurance companies;
- construction and water treatment plants;
- infrastructure and highways;
- property developments, plantations and hotel operators;
- social media and information technology;
- retail grocery chains and various consumer based businesses;
- manufacturing; and
Our major clients in M&A transactions are financial institutions, major private equity firms, and domestic and multinational public listed companies.
Our M&A practice group has been noted by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 as “pairing regulatory knowledge with commercial acumen”. The team has been commended in Asialaw Profiles 2018 as being “a very fast, responsive and accommodating practice group”.